View Single Post
Old 05-30-09, 01:54 PM
xxwake4lifexx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
6' 1" 230lbs lazy bum - transformation

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to become involved with this forum. I used to ride bikes with friends all the time when I was younger, but I've gotten more and more lazy over time. Being a college student and working doesn't help either. Well roughly a month ago I went to get an eye exam to get new glasses/contacts and I was told I had a high BP. I went to my doctors and sure enough my BP is really high for my age. Did some blood tests, etc. Its definitely not a fun experience. Anyway before I had gone to the doctors I lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle and ate fast food at LEAST once a day, every day almost, all week.

Since then I've completely dropped fast food except maybe once a month, cut out soda and sweets, and I have been exercising 4-5 days a week. My method of exercise - cycling. I enjoy it so I'm ACTUALLY doing it . I'm 20 years old 6' 1" and weighed 230lbs when I started about a month ago. Now I weigh about 225lbs. I just feel better in general now that I'm working out and eating so much healthier .

I've been doing 12-14 miles during the weekdays in-between school and work and ~14+ on the weekends. This morning I rode with a friend and did 16.5 miles. This is the farthest I've gone so far. I've been using maps to lay out some routes and I'm trying to increase my distance. I've got a trail/road bike from Schwinn. I'm really riding for the cardio aspect and to lose weight and keep fit! Am I doing things right? I've also got a Cateye Strada Wireless that should be here next week. I can't wait to use that .

Any tips from you guys? I'd love to hear some advice.