Thread: Breakfast Ride
View Single Post
Old 05-31-09, 11:09 AM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Breakfast Ride

Cranky's thread about his family ride reminded me that I haven't done a breakfast ride in quite a long time. This morning Mrs. Grouch had a conflicting activity so I decided to do one by myself.

I left at about 7:15 and rode roughly 18 miles, mostly on the KATY Trail. No photo, just imagine a long tunnel through trees arching over your head. If you look up "serene" in the dictionary, it might have a photo of the KATY trail that was taken at about 7:30 on a sunny morning.

I don't know the actual name of the breakfast place. The locals refer to it as "the biker bar". By the time that I left there were 6 Harleys parked out front. I didn't know Harley riders could get up that early. Breakfast was typical small town cafe fare - eggs; bacon, ham or sausage; hash browns or cottage fried potatoes; and toast. Nothing to write home about, nothing to complain about unless you're a grits eater. No grits - Defiance, Missouri is north of the grits line.

Back home before 11:00. All-in-all a good experience. Mrs. Grouch says she wants to go with me next week.