View Single Post
Old 05-31-09, 01:09 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Surferbruce
Congrats to Menchov, I like his mellow quietness, but on pure heart and effort DiLuca was insane- never mind the fact that within a couple months we'll likely find out they were both doped.
I don't know about DiLuca, but Menchov has been pretty consistent in his performance. Not only on this Giro but in the other races he has participated in over the last 3-4 years. DiLuca won't be positive even if the tests show him having a plethora of stuff running through him. He is Italian, in an Italian race where he was been expected and supported by the entire country to win the 100 anniversary Giro. Not going to happen. However, if I had to put money on who would come back positive given a plain level field, the following 3 would be at the top of my list:

Garzelli
Pelizoti
Scarponi