View Single Post
Old 02-10-05, 04:41 PM
Jose R
downtube shifter

Bikes: Custom DeanUSA El Diente CTI, Rich Adams Track, Johnny Coast Fixed, Argon18 Gallium Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
How about Andante . They seem to specialize in track frames.

Their economy frame (4130 chromoly) starts at $400 for a custom build with custom basic paint job. (Add-ons like SS track ends, fancy metallic pearl paint jobs are off course extra.) They also build higher end discipline specific frames.

The contact person is Mauricio Orozco.

I just placed an order for a frame. I was told the turn-around time is about 6-8 weeks.

For your needs, you may well want to go with custom geometry, instead of an off the rack frame. But note, you will need to research what kind of geometry you want before talking to Andante. They will build according to your wishes. So be careful what you wish for. Seat tube angles varying from 73-77 degrees are used on the track. You should also consider HT angle and what kind of fork you plan to use, what rake, what crown to axle length. Also, TT length, since toe overlap is non-critical on the track, but critical on the street. I imagine it would be tough to design and build a dual purpose track bike for the velodrome and street since each have vastly different requirements.

When I get my frame I'll post pics and a write-up.

Best of luck.