Pi}{ie
Light-Weight by Design

Bikes: TCR Carbon Limited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DX Rider

His wife was just as bad. She was nine months pregnant and out power walking when her water broke.

Many women RUN through their pregnancies. I hate to tell you but you're a fool if you think power walking is unhealthy during pregnancy its very healthy to remain active. My next pregnancy despite osteoporosis and arthritis I'm going to be one of them. At 8 1/2 months pregnant I will be doing 5ks, maybe not fast 5ks but a 10 minute mile isnt too strenuous. Exercise is good for pregnant women, running is fantastic. Its actually a horrible idea for an active woman to quit her activities while pregnant. It sends the body into shock, and she's likely to gain a lot more weight too. Plus babies of runner mama's tend to sleep through the night sooner, they soothe themselves better, and start talking sooner. The mother also loses her pregnacy weight much faster, and has easier faster labors. I hate to tell you but exercise is now reccomended during pregnancy. I'm even looking at reccumbents a little now so I can price them out since I'm hoping in a couple of years pregnancy will be on the table.