Old 06-04-09, 12:04 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by sjpitts
I have been looking into this some more. First, I found that profile design makes another another one of the seat posts, this one in carbon.

PS-- one more question for the centurion experts. I am considering picking up a centurion ironman expert for this little project. I am not sure of the year, but it is a red/white expert, with the aero fork, and tange 1 tubing. Does anybody know what seat post diameter it would take. The profile design posts are 27.2 mm. I searched and found that some people said the ironman used 27.0, but others thought it was 27.2. Anyone know for sure?
All my Ironman bikes use 27.2. In my experience, Tange 1 27.2, Tange 2 27.0. Based on a dozen Ironman bikes and 5 Lemans

Your post is exactly as I've been thinking. I went 2cm smaller on the frame and if I go on a forward seat post, I'll have to lengthen the stem or my elbows will be in my ribs. I don't want to make a change in one place that necessitates another change somewhere else. So I'm stickin' with the smaller frame.

However, no bullhorns, bar ends on aero bars....yet. I'm chopping the drop bars just below the clamp of the brake levers, sort of like a flop and chop, but no flop. One R STI and one L aero lever. No FD. I'll run 53 up front, 12-19 corncob rear.

Haven't decided on fork. I have a CF threaded, but it weighs about the same as the OEM Ironman fork, and if I cut it off to fit the smaller frame, I'd not be able to use it on my normal-sized frames if this project ends up in the File 13.

And it won't be finished until after Bike Virginia.