View Single Post
Old 06-07-09, 09:49 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dawes56
So, ever since giving my MTB to my daughter (sort of in exchange for her 1984 Univega Nuovo Sport), I've been thinking about getting another MTB..a nice hardtail..maybe around $1,000 or so.
Then again, N+1 is also applicable to banjos and amateur radio gear..either of which would be significantly more money.

However, someone, somewhere, decided I needed another cat (I already have five...a cruiser cat, an MT cat, a cyclocross cat, a trials cat, and a sleek, black road cat).

On Monday, June 1, a little kitten was extricated from being stuck at a construction site at the Supreme Court. One of my neighbors works there and brought him home so his wife could take care of him. This part gets a little cloudy, but the bottom line is that my wife took him in to add to the mayhem we already have. He is cute...took him to a local vet over a two day period and he kept getting weaker...so took him to our regular animal hospital and I am happy to say after a few days in intensive (and expensive) care, he came home today. I could have bought two MTBs, but neither of them would purr and lick my face.

Here he is..I hope the pic loads...this is HENRY in his private room at the hospital.

Oh well, there is always next year for a new bike.....

Pete (cat herder extraordinaire)
Your wife is an enabler of the highest quality.

Bikes AND cats .

Good for you (and good for him, too).