View Single Post
Old 02-13-05, 12:17 AM
tvphobic

Bikes: TiSport Road frame with Campagnolo Daytona/Centaur + Record/Open Pro wheels | 2002 Bianchi Volpe | 2003 Giant TCR 2 w/ Sun ME14A rims/Ultegra 6500 hubs/ Bianchi SL Centaur (currently being refurbished)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm glad I don't carry on the bike. I believe I would be in prison now if I did. For three years I lived in a neighborhood (I know, stupid, but I have a good, if windy explanation) where I was the object of regular attacks, having bottles thrown at me, a few robbery attempts, being shaken down by gangs, one time trying violently (but unsuccessfully) to get my bike. But these guys didn't have firearms... I don't think and I know myself... I studied marksmanship from a very young age, but I never studied police techniques or Massad Ayoob's theories about making the firearm a reflex action in the RIGHT situations, but avoiding it if the threat is not appropriate. So, knowing hothead and very reliable marksman me, I'd be languishing in the big house. And I do have a .380 and a Sig-Sauer P226 with the extended magazine, the latter is definitely too heavy for biking... In another world I'd like to have the PPK.

PS I mostly agree with Grolby except about the hair.

Last edited by tvphobic; 10-23-06 at 07:38 PM.