View Single Post
Old 06-11-09, 08:51 AM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by doggy
Hey guys, im new to this forum But i thought this would be a worthy first post. My uncle used to cycle back in the day and just last weekend i brought it up. As luck would have it, it was still there and i now have an old benotto frame to work with! First things first, Im not much of a fixed rider, but i figure since i have a spare frame, a fixie would be fun to experiment with!!

So with that stated, Does anyone have a fixie wheelset for sale?!?! preferable a flip flop hub. Im also looking for b125 handlebars and tires, and grips, and yadda yadda!! pm me if anything
hey doggy, this is trueno92 from being banned at redflagdeals.

anyways, benottos come in 2 flavors. one is mexican fried icecream.

benotto, like many bike companies sorta gave up the ghost and sold its brand off to a company in mexico that churned out many garbage bikes. think of them as the for-runner situation to the modern-day miele, compared to the vintage miele.

fixed gear is for beater bikes so really, if that benotto has decent parts on it, like campy or suntour, then leave it and if it fits you, get used to riding with more speed.

take that other pipe-bomb bay-crest bike and get a fixed rear wheel on that.

making vintage road bikes into budget fixed gear bikes is telling the world u don't know anything about bikes and you lose respect points from
1. fixed gear hippes
2. road bike pansies
3. vintage cyclist historians

but u gain points in the crowd of guys that went from fart-can civics to bicycles.

the choice is yours.

don't fuc up!