Old 06-11-09, 11:59 AM
colourmebad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR
Hmmm let’s see Black or this Raw Lacquer:

This took 11 weeks to arrive, but it was the start of the year and the new 2009 version. I believe the current wait is around 6 weeks.

You may find that your Brompton becomes part of the family, a loyal companion that will last for years..... get a B-spoke, it could save you money and you will get exactly what you really want.
Regarding gears, there is little difference between the 3 and 6 speed gear range, but the 6 speed give more evenly spaced gears.

I know that this is probably akin to coming onto the Star Trek forums and announcing that I think Leonard Nimoy is "a bit overrated", as I know there is a lot of love for the 'raw' finish, but I'm really not that sold on it, tbh. I can see what everyone likes about it, but it's just a bit 'showy' for my rather more modest tastes. It does look really pretty though, so I totally 'get' the appeal.

I want to go for one of the more classic (read: "more boring" in most peoples opinion, probably) colours. I really like the red and the racing green myself. And I do like the black, but it does seem to be the colour everyone has.

Re: the gearing. Yes, this is what I had heard, which was what made me think that the 3 gear might be fine - if the range is the same, then I can probably cope with 3. Bit worried that people are saying that they aren't evenly spaced though.