FZ1Tom
creaky old bones

Bikes: Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
Too many companies are like this, and it's all for the sake of their company image. I can buy a pair of Dickies or Carhartt jeans, even Lee or Wrangler. But if I wanted to get a nice pair of selvedge raw denim trousers I'd have to drop about 8" off my waist and pray that my quads would fit in 'em.

There's been a few threads about threads on our forum, as it's a pretty common issue for a number of factors: Either stuff is too small around, not tall enough, or some horrible mix. My favourite is the Big & Tall shops. Quite a few of us need a Big or Tall shop, because at 6'6" or better, we don't all have 50+ inch waistlines.
Funny you mention Carhartt jeans. Back when I owned a Yamaha FZ1 I couldn't find gear to fit me worth a damn except for the helmet and gloves. I eventually got a First Gear Mesh-Tex jacket and....Carhartt work jeans, since I couldn't find good riding pants. Saved my ass (quite literally) when I lowsided and slid down the road after the bike for over 100 feet. The only damage was a ground up coin pocket rivet.

Sidi motorcycle boots are very popular and very nice. Unfortunately they're also extremely skinny. Even when I had chicken legs, or THOUGHT I had chicken legs, I couldn't even zip the boot up past the ankle bone!

So yeah, I decided that some companies only wanted to satisfy a certain demographic in order to cultivate their image. Thankfully some companies are coming around and realizing that there's a market out there they're missing, and working to satisfy the demand.

And to think Sidi makes "wide" cycling shoes....I wonder just HOW wide they mean by wide

Tom