View Single Post
Old 06-13-09, 08:44 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
I just installed Campy Ergo brifters on my new Cannondale yesterday and was surprised to find that T-25 equipped screw under the hood (instead of a hex screw). Fortunately I had the driver (and could find it), but I laughed at the spec that it be snugged with a torque wrench to a specific tightness. I'm certain one is out there, but I've never seen torque wrench or driver that could fit in such a tight place!

Obviously your LBS or the bike builder didn't have one either. Was your van parked in a relatively temperature stable garage, or outdoors?
I have a garage at home but it spends a lot of time in the heat of the day outside in the sun. It can definitely get warm inside the van. I'm out of town but I was able to find a T-25 stopping at a couple stores. That screw is really hard to get to though.....even after pulling back the hood cover as far as I could it was still difficult to get the torx driver all the way into the screw head. I may need to rig up a driver with a swivel head to really be able to fully tighten it. I think they told me it was the only torx screw in the whole bike........go figure!!