View Single Post
Old 06-13-09, 10:46 PM
destikon
FNG

Bikes: Raleigh Special * Nishiki MTN Winter Commuter * Trek Soho 3 * Specialized Langster Seattle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baldsue
My new beast. I love my Marin Larkspur so much that I brought it home a sibling. Not that it didn't already have enough two-wheeled companionship. Got my Marin Point Reyes at REI this afternoon. I had them shorten the wingspan of the handlebars for me and I had a spare shorter stem at home that's on it now. The front fender is a 700c fender I had lying around. Unfortunately the fenders I bought with the MPR didn't fit. Not sure what I'll do for a rear fender. Might try to fit a 700c fender on the rear but it'll be tricky with the brake and only one attach point for rack and fender. It's looking like this bike will take the same width tires as the Larkspur, just in 26". The MPR came with wider rims, tho, to support the wider tires.

Yes, the rack is level, I even checked with a level. It's something about the angle of the bike that makes it not seem so in this picture.

I haven't had a chance to ride it since putting on the rack, Brooks, fender, shorter stem. Took about an hour to get all the decals off, but at least they were removable. I'm liking the stealth look to it. And I might ditch the wheel reflectors in favor of using some black reflective tape to decorate the rims and spokes.
Where is the back fender? That's the one that counts :-)