Old 06-15-09, 07:19 AM
Village Idiot
Argh!someness

Bikes: GF Cobia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Screw cheap. I went to talk to the guys at Hub City Sports, in Hagerstown, MD, (a plug for any one local to the area who's looking for a bike) about the Felt F85 they had on the floor three weeks ago. They sold it and they ended up not being able to find the availability sheets that one of the other guys that was out for the day usually takes care of. The person I was talking to about the bike said that they would have to wait until Monday to see if they could order one and they would call me then.

Then the bigger guy that works there (6'1", 6'2"?), the one that seems like a shop manager or something came over and said that he had an '08 Felt F75 that would be a better bike over all. So after talking to him for a bit, he said he could call his sales manager and see if they could get a better price on it as well since it was a left over. I have an F75 waiting to be picked up in about two weeks when I get the money together.

Now, the main reason I was there was a friend of mine wanted to start riding so he picked up a Trek. I think it's a 4300? The set it up and got evrything to go, and we headed out to the SUV to load up. I forgot to take my bike out of the back so we could fit his. I'm fourtunate that I did that. I had a flat that didn't deflate until after I packed it up. I rolled the dirty (I wasn't planning on having to take it into the shop) bike into the shop and they patched it up. While I was in there waiting, the big guy from earlier asked if I ever had it in for it's tune up after it's first use and I told him that it sat in my parent's garage for about 2 years before I ever took it out to ride. He still did the tune up, tightened the brake cables, adjust the derailuers, etc...

So far, I've had nothing but awesome service from those guys, much better than the LBS in Martinsburg, WV where they didn't even acknowledge me entering the store.

So I'm all set....except I got another flat after riding the same day I got it fixed and ended up having to walk back 4 miles on bike shoes with brass cleats...I may need a new pair of those soon...