Old 06-15-09, 11:40 PM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
jesus you're such a consumernazi-econofacist-capitalismo it's not even funny. you're using walmart logic, and it's well documented how that turns out.

GET THE HOUR OR KILO IF YOU DON'T WANT BRAKES.

if you're so stingy, why on earth would you pay for things you don't need, like brakes?

the SST-AL, messenger, clockwork, and rest aren't ANY better for the track than the aformentioned brakeless ones.

adriano's confused track geo with trail. the kilo has fast handling. it's not as fast as some but it's definitely responsive enough to be considered 'track' geometry.

you could rent until the 800 dollar dura-ace moto team pro comes out, but if you don't want to spend money then i don't really see many options for you...

and if you don't like the idea of a BD bike then get something else.

honestly i'd get a bianchi pista from last year for 500 or so. you'll end up spending that on a kilo if you want to change the tires and saddle- which if you don't like the rentals' you'll never like the stock kendas and velo saddle on the kilo.

seriously though- pay small amounts of money over and over bit by bit or pay a lot more for something that you know you'll be happy with. since you want nice tires and a saddle that you like and want to change cogs and ratios, i'd get a bike from a good reputable LBS that will hook you up. if they can take stock stuff off they may give you a deal on your choice of parts.