scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seely
Motion control is a bit hard for me to understand. In some literature, it sounds like an externally adjustable bump threshold, but in other literature it sounds more like a fancy lockout... its adjustable on the fly, but from what I have read you can setup the fork and forget it pretty much.
pretty much it. external compression damping threshold adjust. fully locked out, to fully open, and anywhere in between to set the bump threshold to activate the shock. it is adjustable on the fly, but i can't give any info on how well the handlebar activated stuff actually works, as i went for the topp of the fork leg adjuster route. feels wonderful; i've not noticed any lag in suspension action, unlike what i've heard about some of the SPV stuff.

i've got a pike team (same "guts" as the reba, just beefier/more travel/20mm/disc only) and i love it. great right out of the box for me, other than a few tweaks. no experience with any of the manitou offerings.

tough call. i'd say you couldn't really go bad with either. any way to test them out through your shop? (if i remember right, you work at a shop, yeah?)

set and forget is right. i messed with my rebound control the first ride, and haen't had to since. the lockout/motion control i ride with off most of the time, but when i want it, just tun the dial, and it's right where i want it with the floodgate adjuster thing. FWIW, the travel adjust works great as well, though i've only used it a little bit. it's more of a set it at the start of the long climb type of thing though, as it isn't an instant on/off type of thing.