View Single Post
Old 06-17-09, 11:49 AM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TandemGeek
You can use a braze-on derailleur adapter clamp on the Calfee just as Ritterview did on his BMC; the frame doesn't know the difference and Parlee even makes them out of -- wait for it -- carbon!

Of course, now that I look at the photos of (your?) Calfee it already appears to have an adapter clamp so you should be able to use the K-Edge if they (a) develop one for a triple or (b) if the one they make could be adapted. There are a lot of ways to address this annoyance, just use your imagination.
That my BMC has a braze-on FD on a clamp is sort of an accident, but I found it works with the K-Edge, so I've stuck with it. It is belt-and-suspenders redundant however, which offends my sensibilities. For my built-from-scratch tandem, if I am to have a braze-on FD, I'd like it to be actually brazed-on.

That Calfee in the pic is Calfee's multi-colored, S&S coupled Tetra, on display at Sea Otter.

Before the K-Edge I had protective film around the BB area. Dirt however, got under the edge and was perpetually unsightly. I'm glad to be rid of it.

Originally Posted by uspspro
I like my chain watcher on the tandem...
What type do you have that works with a triple? A Deda Dog Fang?