View Single Post
Old 06-17-09, 01:57 PM
TrekJapan
Each Drop of Sweat Counts

Bikes: Trek FX2, Trek Verve 3, Dahon Launch D8, Dahon Jetstream XP, Dahon Speed P8, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Speed TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brando_T.
I listened to the NPR interview, and it ended in a quote that addresses this - it goes like "It doesn't mean we shouldn't take responsibility for our actions, but you cannot take responsibility until you are educated on just what you are eating"

I don't know about you, but when I have gained weight in my past it was partly due to ignorance on just what I was eating. Now, when I regained weight...that's a different story.

One of the reasons I really liked the Weight Watcher's points program is due to the education factor inherent in the program.
I agree that education is vital. I've never understood why they don't REALLY take the time to teach our kids nutrition in schools. I know they touch on it but it isn't enough.

Still, I've got to say that when I was 300 lbs. or so and I'd demolish a huge meal or a whole bag of chips I always knew it was bad for me and was wrong. I harbored great guilt over the years. I knew exactly what I was doing. I knew. The best part of being where I am now is all that guilt is gone. I don't feel guilty after I eat anymore.

When I started taking responsibility for my food intake by counting calories and exercising is when the weight started falling off. And to my amazement it comes off quicker than it goes on it seems.

John