Old 06-17-09, 09:10 PM
PedallingATX
Comanche Racing

Bikes: Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saberhead
Just wondering when most of you decide to get another bike? Im having too many issues with this bike (frame is really flexy, I need to change out the entire drivetrain/bb, stem etc) as of late Im thinking when I move to philly in a couple months Im going to invest in a new one. This IRO is really old and Im having way too many problems. With all the cost that I could be putting into it to fix and upgrade everything, Im thinking I should just save up for a new one. When do you guys call it quits
eh it depends. If it has sentimental value, then I would keep it longer. I built up a conversion and then sold it 3 months later b/c I got a really good deal on another bike and (on the same day) someone offered to buy the conversion for a good price, so it seemed like a good move to make. If you aren't attached to it (which you don't seem to be) then get rid of it. Why not?

Some people have a bad habit of CONSTANTLY selling/buying bikes, and I think you can take it too far, but it doesn't seem like that's the case. Especially on an IRO (no offense, just not a very unique or amazing frame), I probably wouldn't hesitate to sell. The two bikes I have now I probably won't sell for a long time unless something happens, though.