Old 02-15-05, 05:21 PM
HaagenDas
Site *****

Bikes: 1960 Malvern Star

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Eubi. I've been working my way up to the bike for a few weeks now. Exercised heavily in hospital and took off 20 of my 114 Kg massiveness. Then I got a stationary exercise bike on the recommendation of my Physio. I was seriously unfit from years of sedentary work. Just looking at it made me get a puff up. I had to start on the exercise bike by putting a chair behind it to get the pedals to go around. I used that bike for two weeks and got repairs done on my old road bike... prolly a racing style machine with the handle bars curled under. I started walking and now can walk around the block without knocking myself out too much. Can ride the bike around the block three times. Also been doing trial runs to see if I could make it home from work. I only live six blocks away from my work place and I've been able to do five blocks in my trials. Unfortunately the ride to work will be entirely downhill.

Today was a big day. Rode to work.. this arvo, I'll have to make it home. I haven't taken the old girl out of low gear yet and that's good. The top of the hill is a bit tough but I can feel it doing me good.