View Single Post
Old 06-18-09, 10:07 PM
TimJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by surreal
These days, i'm thinking of blowing an extra buckfiddy and getting a magura odur in 100mm. I can still find em here and there; they're making the odur in 09, but no one seems to be selling em stateside. emptybee-yar has a buttload of reviews about toras and comparable forks blowing up and bleeding oil after a few months' use. I don't think i could stand that. The odur is free of much in terms of adjustment, basically having a few spring options and a dynamic lockout. I fear that too much adjstments will end up keeping me tuning more than riding...

Still, 302 tora's are so danged cheap. But, the extra $150 is a small price to pay for sanity...

-rob
I just got and Odur and love it. My only other experience w/ forks is a psylo race, an air fork, and the psylo I think was a little "better" in that I was able to fine tune it, but the magura is a great fork. Performance-wise I don't know if I would notice a big diff btwn it and one of the upper-tier toras, but it's great and it's built really, really well. I got it over the epicon mainly because I wanted to make sure I'd have a fork that would last a long time with little maintenence.

Oh yeah- I had to get the soft spring and 2 spacers- just slightly too light for the standard medium spring- and it cost like $70. Kind of a bummer.