View Single Post
Old 06-20-09, 05:29 PM
TrekJapan
Each Drop of Sweat Counts

Bikes: Trek FX2, Trek Verve 3, Dahon Launch D8, Dahon Jetstream XP, Dahon Speed P8, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Speed TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 4 Posts
If being self conscious is what's stopping you from riding. KNOCK IT OFF. You'll never get where you want to be worrying about what anyone else thinks.

When I first decided to lose weight I was over 300 lbs. and I started running around 285 lbs. I was so excited to run, to be a runner that I went out and bought all the high tech running gear. I looked like a clown, felt like a clown, knew everybody that passed me thought I looked like a clown and just plain old didn't care.

If you want to be outside, be active, lose weight, live life, knock it off with the self conscious thing. In the end nobody really cares that you're out exercising.

I may be the exception rather than the rule but when I see someone big out there hitting the street my thoughts are "Attaboy" or "Attagirl".

Most people are probably thinking "Wow if she can do it maybe so can I" Anybody that thinks or says otherwise isn't worth your time, effort, or energy to care.

Think about this. What if, just what if seeing you out biking motivated someone else you never met or saw to change their life????

You want to deprive someone of that?

John