View Single Post
Old 06-21-09, 10:08 PM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well after riding It think the Trek 520 is a hair small for me. I mis measured it thinking it was a 60cm and in fact it is a 58cm. Stock seat post is up to the max. I could put a taller post but I am back to the bars being lower then I like. Rides wonderful though. Will be sad to see it go.

I have a Trek dealer near my house where I buy parts. Had to ride up their twice. They liked it. Need to find some hoods and I guess it is hitting CL as a flip. It will be sold as a 500. My wife's Mixte has exactly the right parts to make it a 500. That will let me set up her mixte as a Touring bike. It has all the Brazeons already including double bottle holders. Trying to decide if I am going to swap the rims. It has beautiful Rigda's but it has a Helicomatic. May stick with the Suntour hub on Araya rims.

To console myself I bought a 25inch Fuji touring III for $8 at a yard sale like 8 houses up from mine.

The picture makes it look better then it is. The paint was apparently porous and it spent some tim in the weather. All long the rear brake cable on the top tube it has rust as well is all around the BB from chain dropping off and scratching it. It has enough rust that there is no touching it up trying to save the decals and it looking right.. It needs to be completely stripped. I think on the repaint it will get a deep metallic green with gold head tube like a Touring V.

Now all the components are in excellent shape. It rides wonderful. Thought about riding it to work tomorrow but no rack yet. The weird part is it has a 48 spoke rear wheel with specialized flip flop hub. That no misprint, 48 spoke flip flop. I guess the extra large frames Fuji decided to go extra heavy duty with the wheel making it Sumo tough and jumped from the 40 spoke to the 48. The rim is a matching Ukai to the front 36 spoke so I have no reason to think that it wasn't stock. Man that thing has a crazy low I can easily pull the front wheel off the ground with the high rise stem. May throw some bar ends on it as it is a heck of a long reach down to the down tube shifters.

Last edited by Grim; 06-21-09 at 10:21 PM.