View Single Post
Old 06-24-09, 04:10 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Who do you think would have won if LA and crew hadn't showed up? Probably BJM - would have been a nice line on his resume but I doubt he holds a Lance grudge over this. I'm sure the other 120 or so P12's enjoyed the experience. The race organizers were certainly happy about it.
Originally Posted by xfimpg
So you've spoken to BJM and all the other riders?
And they all agree with you?
Well then, I guess that settles it.

Seriously, the race organizers are not the ones out there spinning their butts off to try to get a podium finish.
xfimpg, you are talking out of your ass. I can't speak for everyone there, but yesterday my teammate who was in the race told me about his experience. He had a blast and thouroughly enjoyed the chance to to be in a race with riders of that caliber. I have another teammate who last year upgraded to cat 1 so that he could do Pro/1 NRC races with top pros, even though he knew he had no chance in those races. Think of all the people that clamor outside the team bus to get a glimpse of Lance, and these guys got to race with him, even if it was for only 3 laps before he attacked and blew the race apart...

Edit: FWIW, I was blown out the back of a crit when Tony Cruz attacked. I thought that was pretty cool