Old 06-26-09, 10:17 PM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by prathmann
Not necessarily. We have a number of locations locally where a cyclist can enter the intersection legally and the light cycle is too quick at common cycling speeds to get across before the opposing direction gets a green light. Especially on highways which are wider (take longer to cross) and where the timing may be based on an assumption of higher speed traffic. In the California Vehicle Code (which I think is pretty typical) there is an explicit requirement that drivers proceeding with a green light still yield to pedestrians and any vehicles that are already legally in the intersection.

Obviously I don't know the details about what happened in this case, but the description doesn't make it clear that the cyclist was at fault.

I had to do a double take, I though I was in the AnS forum.

I think the description makes it crystal clear that the cyclist was at fault. Red light, t-bone. Doesn't get much clearer than that.
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.