Old 06-27-09, 04:15 AM
Breadpudding

Bikes: Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bellweatherman
Yes. Armstrong already has cheated. This year! He's the only rider who the testing agencies are not allowed to do a legitimate out-of-competition test on. The rules are different for Armstrong, and he knows how to manipulate the current rules as well as the tests. Do other riders get a half hour to leave the tester before they have to do their drug tests? No. Does Armstrong get to do this? Yes.
I'd love proof that shows he's the ONLY rider that gets a half hour to break away from the tester when they show up. I'm assuming you're talking about the one instance he went public about going to shower when an unknown frenchman showed up at his door when he came home after an 8 hour training session and told him he had to do a test right then, but failed to show legitament credentials. If that's the instance you are referring too then you just keep on being a nay-sayer. Even the tester himself was later interviewed saying he didn't mind at all if Lance went to go shower while they called around to find out who this guy was.

And to all the people who say that Lance Armstrong is even cause he doped and cheated and that he's never won a race without cheating... I don't deny that he cheated in the past and most likely was using EPO or something like it during some if not all of the previous TdF's he won, but how is that different from every other cyclist in each of those races with him. If you don't like it, then don't watch. Go ride on your own two wheels and feel better about yourself because you don't dope, but even though Lance armstrong isn't doping there's no possible way that ANY of us could keep up with him. An extraordinary athlete is still an extraordinary athlete with or without drugs; why does it matter if he's 10% better than you or 50% better than you?

I agree whole heartedly that it's an inspirational tale of an American 'hero' that gives everyone in need hope. If he has to do things behind the scenes to keep hope alive then so be it. I just hope he doesn't get caught and go down in flames, bursting millions of dreams with him.

(It's like 3am, so if there are more than a few run-on sentences then please forgive me)