View Single Post
Old 06-28-09, 09:22 AM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by anthonybcc
No, definitly not weaker. When I wake up, ill have a protein shake with water to give me energy, and I have a pretty good workout, i ride to the gym, run 30 minutes then do freeweights, then ride back home, I even mowed the yard after that one day, then maybe ill eat 1/2 a chicken breast, and then pretty much nothing. I road 70 miles total yesterday and today, but yesterday I had a date, so I actually ate a good portion of grilled salmon, and today allowed myself to have a hamburger. Im like 196 now, and want to hit 175-180 by the end of july.

I know its a big stretch and hard on my body but Ill endure. As long as Im not feeling week, ill keep going at it. I had a bike ride tonight and was able to keep 20mph for near 20miles withought fatigue. Maybe it was the hamburger.
So let me get this straight; all you're running on every day is one protein shake and 1/2 a chicken breast?

If so, allow me to do a simple caloric analysis here. I can't imagine these two items totalling to more than 1300 calories. I'll guesstimate that you spend a little less than 1000 to 1500 calories in that exercise block. This means that you'd perceive to be between a net gain of 300 calories to a net loss of 200.

The only problem is that your body needs at least 1200 calories to just function. Keep in mind that this is if you're completely sedentary and do absolutely nothing. If you're even close to active, that comes closer to 2000. So you're actually somewhere between a net loss of 1700 and 2200 calories daily.

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason why you're losing incredible amounts of weight, but I'm almost positive that you've lost a ton of muscle and that you'll probably crash at some point or other, if you haven't already. This also means that once you start eating close to normal again, you'll gain weight like nobody's business, which despite being normal will perpetuate a vicious cycle of a pointless weight loss mentality.

Here's another question: Why do you need to be 175 - 180 in July?

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces

Last edited by MrCrassic; 06-28-09 at 09:28 AM.