Thread: Miyata 1000
View Single Post
Old 06-28-09, 01:32 PM
afilado

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone RB-1, '91 Specialized Allez Epic, '85 Raleigh Team Pro, '78 Andre Bertin, early '90s F. Moser Leader AX , '85 Centurion Equipe, '98 Litespeed Tuscany, '89 Klein Quantum, '80 Nishiki Superbe, '83 Peckham, '84 Fuji Opus III

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
"Not even close"? Please explain. And possibly more than what's readily available in the literature.

I'm not mounting a challenge to your statement but I am seriously interested in details of your experience. You seem to know well the Miyata 1000 vs other production touring bikes.

I think the Fuji Touring Series from the mid 80s is top tier, especially the Touring Series IV & V. Care to make a comparative statement about the Fujis?

Full disclosure: I own a quad butted Series V, and I can only imagine that Sheldon didn't know the full spectrum of touring bikes when he made his declaration regarding the "best". I don't see any shortcomings in the Fuji when compared to ANY other bike of its ilk, including the 1000, triple butted tubing notwithstanding.

I do challenge the standing idea that the 1000 stands head and shoulders above ALL others.

Looking forward to the schooling. ;-)

Cheers,

Julian

Originally Posted by miamijim
Not even close. Miyata uses their own proprietary triple butted chromoly tubing which is, without a doubt, one of the finest tubes ever produced.

The 1000 model has always been the finest touring bike ever made and its better than most custom made rigs for a variety of reasons. Custom rigs dont offer any features that Miyata didnt.