View Single Post
Old 02-18-05, 01:02 AM
MadMan2k
Perpetual n00b

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I don't know about the uncoordinated noob stories, since I've been fairly consistently riding since I learned how about 10 years ago.

My mom recently started riding again, first she got her old single speed cruiser bike fixed up and rode that on a nice, scenic, 4 mile road we ride on sometimes.
The gearing was pretty steep, though, and the hills on the ride were a pain to get up, so she ended up getting a new bike (from walmart, yes). It has 7 gears, and her riding has progressed quite a bit. We go on the 4 mile ride sometimes if it's nice weather, and an 8 mile one daily in the summer and fall. Occasionally, a ~15 miler into town and back.
She even went on a mountain bike trail with me a few months ago, only fell over one time in 10 miles (loose sand).

Keep at it, its great exercise and great fun. Look at PWRD, he didnt get into the whole bike thing too long ago, and now he's jumping sidewalks and stairs.