griftereck

Bikes: Grifter BSA 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ive had a couple folding 20s.
but didnt appreciate them at the time.
So the folding one I have now is cut up into little parts. I had the intention of making a longer Chopper.
I did build a chopper out of a Raleigh Denim. Thats a 18" wheel version of a 20. I got a push lawnmower handle welded to the headstock and seat tube. And sissy bar tubes welded to the seat stays. I put 20" alloys that had a 3 speed Shimano hub, with twistgrip. With Mk2 Chopper bars and seat on it. Was ok. But kept on breaking spokes. Was old wheels from the dump. This was years ago, before I learnt about building wheels. I managed to break a pedal spindle. I had Lyotard 460 rat trap pedals on it. I had heard that your not supposed to straighten bent spindles. But thought that was, buy a new one..talk. I was climbing a hill a mile away. It broke. I kicked the ground with my toes. Thought I had broken them. I skuffed skin off the back of my right hand as the twist grip revolved when I lurched forward, my hand rubbed on the big MTB levers.

I keep on meaning to do more work on my R24. But its sunny here. And the welds need filed down. So isnt the most exciting work.