DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Denver Fox and others,

It's getting to where I need to do some planning for the ride, a new thread with just the key info, then closed, with the main thread, would be most appreciated. I hate to browse thru the entire thread
to be sure I'm not missing any key data.
What I'ld suggest including:

1. Planned events: location, time, date

2. map of ride(s)

3. What about liability? Do we need to pay for it, and if so, how much?

Thank you.
Well, I need some folks to step up to the plate who have sort of - umm - disappeared. And the following is suggested.

LET'S MAKE THE CARAVAN INN OUR MEETING POINT.

(Nora and I are going to Glenwood in 2 weeks, and we will tie down more specifically locations, etc.)

1. The Ride is August 31, starting early (I would like to be "on the trail" by 7:30 am,

as it can get HOT), from Glenwood Springs to Aspen and back. However, folks can go as far as they want for as long as they want. The prettiest section is Carbondale to Basalt, and one can drive there and start from there if they don't want to go the entire ride.
Other planned events included a dinner or two. There was someone on the listserv who was arranging that, and had suggested a place, and given them call. However, I don't remember exactly. Are you there? Or do we need to start from scratch?

Anyway, let's plan on a dinner Sunday night - 08/30; 6:00 pm and

Monday night 08/31, 6:00 pm. We can easily find a place, if the person who volunteered doesn't respond.

I would suggest that folks who are interested and haven't done the trail bordering the Colorado River leave from Glenwood early Sunday morning the 30th and take the round trip. The engineering is spectacular, and so far, we have had a very wet June, so, hopefully, the Colorado River will be running high. Many rapids to see, there are folks running the river in their rafts, etc. The highway and trail are likely the best example of highway construction in the US of A. Very much imbedded into the spectacular environment of the canyon. This would be a 33 mile ride or so, and would be a great warmup for Monday's ride. I would suggest leaving again, about 7:30 am. The very first part of the trail is not so pretty, and at times I drive to the first rest stop and start from there.

2. Maps of ride

The Glenwood Canyon Recreational Trail simply follows I-70 through the canyon.

3. Liability - yes, and Delphinus and qcpmsame were working on it. I sent them a PM last week, but no response. Are you there? About $10.00

Last edited by DnvrFox; 07-06-09 at 01:41 PM.