Old 07-08-09, 10:44 AM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dahon Jack Questions

Thinking about picking up a Dahon Jack for future multi-mode commuting. Already have a FlyBy,but like the idea of a full-size folder and better tire choice. I've done my forum searches and still have a couple questions. None of the local dealers have one in stock,unfortunately.

1) I'm 6' w/33" inseam and normally ride about a 56cm road bike or 19-21" hybrid. The Med Jack ends at 6',the Lrg starts at 6'. I'm guessing I should go with the Lrg. Anyone my size who can confirm that?

2) How small does it fold? I wouldn't be taking it on the Metro(subway) all the time,but when I do I wouldn't want it to be a huge hassle. Is it decent sized for taking on a train?

3) Will it take full fenders? Can't find a good enough pic to see if there's eyelets. Also is there clearance with the 2" wide tires?

4) Will it take a standard threadless fork? My 1x1 project bike is in pieces right now,and I may consider using the front wheel and brake to convert the Jack to a front disc.

TIA for any help.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X