View Single Post
Old 07-15-02, 05:36 PM
grego262

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by lin_kieu
I admit that 95% of my experience with cops have been, if not nice, at least polite and courteous. However that other 5% is what can marr the image of police in many people's mind, including mine. I think a big problem is these cops get bored handing out tickets and hearing the same excuses day in and day out. It could also be attributed to the fact that sometimes the power and position can go to their head. The fact that we've all seen a cop at one time or another run lights, speed and other various things that we, as mere citizens, could not, shows that a percentage of the police force think that they are above the law. I would love a mayor of a city to give the citizens the right to police the police.

You are absolutely correct, its the 5% that screw it up for the good ones. The only time the police make the news is when we lose one in the line of duty, corruption, or accusations of abuse. Most cops, are good people doing a thankless job. Please keep that in mind. For the record I am a police dispatcher, a runner, and a cyclist. See you on the roads.