heypaul
Huffy Powered

Bikes: 2 year old 26" Huffy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffakil
....Then he tells that he "has" to give me the ticket, especially because this happened in the projects and NYC Housing Authority really cares about this stuff (Of course they often ignore failing elevators) and and even calling me by my first name. He was almost apologizing to me, "you know, I didn't put you in the system, and you can actually get this ticket cleared if you just tell them that you're a hard-working guy and blah blah blah".

I don't know how true that is. I'm pleading not-guilty and we'll see what happens.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I was riding the sidewalk on Flatbush Ave between Eastern Parkway & Empire Blvd. Anyway, I got a ticket and had to appear in a sort of criminal court a little north of Chambers Street. There wasn't a judge but an administrative hearing officer or something like that. I figured I'd get hit with a $50 or $100 fine, but I was wrong. They called about 3 or 4 of us, who were all given riding on sidewalk tickets. The hearing officer told us that it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk and that we should ride in the street in the future. Then he threw out all the tickets. It worked out neater than I thought.

The court is a high security building, so they have you empty your pockets, put your bags through an x-ray device and scan you. So leave home any knives, guns or small thermonuclear devices and you'll be fine.