View Single Post
Old 07-13-09, 04:17 PM
flash_man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I've been doing some more testing:
- I disconnected the BMS altogther from the battery. Now the idiot lights stay on, but applying the throttle does nothing. If I flip the throttle on and off, I may get a little "blip" like the motor wants to engage. I now think the problem is not the battery or BMS.
- I opened up the speed controller and there is no obvious signs of damage. Nothing looks burned. No fried smells. I'm wondering if the controller has been damaged in a way that isn't obvious.
- I tested continuity through all connectors. Everything is making good contact. No shorts.

Phase wire connectors had overheated previously and melted and I had replaced them with Andersons. This new problem began in the middle of a ride, with the power cutting out intermittently, then not working at all. Now I'm wondering if the same overheating problem occurred elsewhere in the circuit. My next guess is that there may be damage to the phase or sensor wires inside the motor. It looks like I need to open up the motor.

Any other thoughts? At this point, troubleshooting would be easier if I could switch out known working components. I might see if I can swing by Danny's shop for some of his expertise.

Eric