View Single Post
Old 07-13-09, 08:22 PM
camhabib

Bikes: Cervelo S3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spindog, I have had the same goal for the past 3 or 4 years - to get to 140lbs. This is not for aesthetic purposes, but more for health reasons, as for my height (5'10") 125lbs is just not an acceptable weight. I have tried several things (eating so much on a daily basis I felt like I was going to puke, seeing a nutritionist, etc) all to no avail. I would ultimately like to be able to compete, for pleasure purposes, in road races. I think I lack a lot of the stamina however, and need to work on that. I have been trying to bike for as long as I can without a rest, but after a while I just die out. It's funny tho, as I can give it an hour off, and jump right back on and ride like I hadn't been on the bike all day. I have thought about a trainer of some kind, but motivation and planning isn't my issue, it's more of just a results issue.

JayhawKen, I looked up that term and did a little reading. If I understand it correctly, it would be having toe up at the top of your stroke and toe down at the bottom. I have been trying to keep my heel down the entire stroke and pulling instead of pushing. My bike was set up by an excellent fitter, and my foot is flat at the bottom of my stroke, not toe down. I think I may just have a serious flaw in the manor in which I'm performing my stroke.