Old 07-14-09, 06:13 AM
Britishbane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tall guy trying to choose a custom cyclocross frame builder

I'm currently looking to have a steel cyclocross bike built. I'm 6'7'' with a 37-38'' inseam, so custom bike is pretty much mandatory. In the poll are the list of manufacturers I have narrowed it down to. I have chosen them for a number of reasons: first, they all have experience building bikes for people my size (Rick Hunter is 6'6'' himself); second, all these frames would cost less than $2000 (I would love to have a Mike Zank or Ira frame but they're too costly); third, in my communications with each maker I have found each to be a quality person, someone with whom I am comfortable buying from.

So who would you go with? I know this is simply an internet poll and the responses I get here dont really mean a whole lot, but I'm interested in what others have to say. Oh, and if you have another suggestion I am glad to hear it.

Edit: Forgot to add. I am leaning towards a fillet brazed frame, though several of the frame builders above have the option of a lugged frame for the same price. I've read the pros and cons of each many a time....am I correct that it comes down to a matter of personal preference, rather than any distinct difference in quality?

Last edited by Britishbane; 07-14-09 at 06:18 AM.