View Single Post
Old 07-15-09, 09:15 PM
deathwantsme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found that site rather informative. Thank you very much. I already stumbled upon it when looking up saddle info, which, I just gave to a friend today

As far as fit goes, I'm gathering that these matter: Frame size, seat height, stem height, seat angle and cleat position. Anything else? How rust-prone is steel?

I'll stay away from the aspect of "what material is better/best", I don't want to start anything.

I could probably find weights for stuff online, but I don't know where to look. Looking for the approximate weight of stuff like Wheels, complete group sets (including cables and what not for a 56-59 CM bike) Frame, Fork, Drop handle bars (with tape) I know there will be wide varieties, but a rough estimate would be nice. Trying to see where I would see the most weight to price differences.

How paintable are bikes? I'd like to be able to paint mine, without worrying about it coming off too easy. I know spray paint isn't the answer.

Thanks for the info so far. I already feel like I actually know something about what I'm looking for now, which is a big improvement.

Last edited by deathwantsme; 07-15-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Formating