Old 07-16-09, 09:16 AM
bikeybikebike
Economists do it w/models

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsteinb
While controversial, perhaps, it's pretty clear it does something more for me than just to help maintain my incredibly youthful figure. I'm interested in youse guys with coaches and what protocols they recommend. In past years I typically followed a Friel-esque program that was

AA-easy sets of 15-20
MS- max weight sets of 6
PE- explosive movements sets of 10-12
ME-high rep in control sets of 60

I've never been a PE fan. I just don't like the movement and fear injury.

This past season I did something different. I went all high reps adding 20 each month. So basically it was

AA-September
ME1- 20 reps
ME2- 40 reps
ME3- 60 reps
ME4- 80 reps
ME5- 100 reps

yep went all the way to 100 reps. This race season though I've moved back to 20 reps and use it as cross training once or twice a week.

So now I'm wondering about what to do this off season. It's almost here, you know? Possibly stay in the 20-40 range and pile some more weight on? So again, what do different coaches suggest? What are the track and sprinter guys doing? How about TT guys?

And, ummm, try and save the pissing contest do it all on the bike stuff for the training thread, ok? I made some pretty significant gains this past winter focusing on 3x20s and high end weight work, and I'd like to up my game again this winter.
G, I don't really understand your plan listed above. You don't incorporate any MS or PE work?

Does anyone incorporate upper body work into their routines?