stark23x
BikeNewbie

Bikes: 2009 Giant Defy 3, 1983 Trek 850, 2008 Schwinn Sidewinder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A milestone I did not expect to hit this week

I've been eating more than I normally do lately. First of all, I've been riding a lot. Well, a lot for me, not compared to say, the TdF! So more fuel is needed there. Secondly I have been weight training at least once if not twice per week.

What I've found is that I've been craving certain foods. Pasta, chicken, ice cream of all things? And I mean real cravings, not "Oh I could eat _blank_ if it were placed in front of me." To the exclusion of all other foodstuffs, all I could think about yesterday was a triple portion of pasta and some tomato/basil sauce. Wife offered to go out for Chinese, to a diner, for steak...I did not care. I just wanted to boil some pasta and slap some sauce on it and go to town.

Basically I've been eating at least three small meals and one normal meal a day for three weeks now. 2000-3000 calories per day. This morning? I stepped on the scale to find I weight 250 on the nose. For the third day in a row. A week ago I was holding steady at 255. In fact I held 255 for two weeks with only minor fluctuations.

250! I started at 384. My original goal weight was 225 pounds. Then I decided to switch that to 200 flat. Now I'm seriously thinking of setting a goal of 170. I haven't made the decision yet because I am one of those people: Once I decide, I MUST ACCOMPLISH or I feel like a total failure. So I'm still just toying with it. But.

One hundred and seventy pounds. I weighed more than that when I was 15 years old! Hard to imagine the guy I was two years ago saying this, but...I think I can do this. I see so many Clydes and Athenas around here having so much success doing just what I am doing - using common sense and riding, riding riding! I feel the effort I'm making paying off, and I love the bike, and it's all coming together.

I wasn't even expecting any good weight loss stuff for a couple of weeks. I figured I would go back to counting and lower calorie intake after the metric ride this weekend and it would take a couple of weeks to re-adjust my metabolism and all that...now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just keep riding more and more and keep eating like three horses.