TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by masiman
Don't feel like a doofus at all.

The rear pain was just a heads up. It didn't sound like you had experienced it yet, but wanted to warn you in case you do.

Don't worry too much about the cadence. But this video talks a little more about it. I didn't time or count it but it looked like they were doing 90+. A bike computer can automate showing your cadence or you can use the clock/stopwatch of the computer to count your rpms (like counting your heartbeat). A little computer is nice to have to show your speed and distance. Not a bad accessory to have. Your probably doing okay on your cadence for now. Beginners often will have too low of a cadence. As you progress, try to measure what yours is and up it to the 60-80 rpm range if not already there. It's the same technique spin classes have adopted, higher sustained rpms. Similar to low resistance/high reps in any other type of workout.

For you ladies, comfort can be very difficult to find sometimes. Saddles are one of the biggest problem areas. After that, backs and necks seem to give you all the most problems. If you are not running into any of these problems, you are well ahead of the game.

It feels good after a nice ride, doesn't it? You have the advantage of that SoCal weather too .
I do have a little bike computer, we haven't put it on yet but don't think we got one that does cadence. I ride a hybrid so I'm not going for ultimate perfection. I do think it's time to go get a first time adjustment though. I think I need to rotate my bars a little closer to me. Luckily the seat is suited for girl parts

Thanks again for the info. And our "nice SoCal" weather is near 100 right now, BLECH!