Old 07-18-09, 12:39 PM
rslifka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from the Bay Area!

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are just getting into riding. Given our price range and riding needs, our LBS recommended a Giant Cypress for her (which she digs) and a Giant Rincon for me. A few weeks later and I'm a bit confused about the Rincon considering we only ride to work and about ~20mi road on the weekends.

A friend of mine is staying with us for the summer and needs a bike for daily use, so I'm loaning the Rincon to him and picking up a hybrid or road bike (selling the Rincon after he leaves in September; it's too heavy and I'm never going on the trails).

I've had serious wrist problems after every long ride we do, as if someone had put their finger in the middle of the back of my hand and pressed down as hard as they could. It got to the point where I could barely use my right hand. I'm definitely putting too much strain on my wrists (and they're already bad to begin with) so I'm planning on getting flat bars as my understanding is this puts less strain on them, indirectly via the more upright posture they allow for.

Anyhoo, off to the LBS.

Rob