Old 07-19-09, 12:27 PM
cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I did not get the R300 as Hermes suggested, but in looking that shoe over I bought the R160 that appears to be made for Nashbar by Shimano and seems to have about the same features - but when I bought them they had them for a real good price and I had a 20% off coupon for orers over $70 so I could not pass them up.

I took them out for a 40 mile spin today - a ride that hass a 900' climb about 1/3 of the way into it. They were very comfortable but what I noticed most was my old shoes were really sloppy on my feet - these seemed to have much better direct power transfer without the requirement of "taking up the slop" as the pedal goes around. I actually feel like my pedaling form was more efficient and I could feel the bike at the acceleration points in the pedal strokes. My big concern is whether or not my feet will go to sleep on me on the really long rides.

BTW - I did not get them molded yet, if I think I will need to do that I can take them into the labs at work where we have the neccessary ovens and vacuum equipment to do the job. Right now they feel fine as they are, my feet are very normal and easy to fit.