View Single Post
Old 07-20-09, 08:13 PM
jmcdowell

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I'm at 2 days and 5 hours now. Today has been tough. Really really tough. My head has been playing all kinds of games with me. I started thinking about all the things that I enjoyed about smoking. I didn't slip though.
Vorkus, you are absolutely right about the rituals. My morning ritual was coffee, smoke, email.
Of course, I had all kinds of rituals. After eating, while driving, in the bathroom, etc. What makes it harder is that I work from home (artist), so I never needed to take a break to smoke.

Instead of smoking, I rode another 20 miles today, then I went and test rode a road bike (My first time, I liked it) and then went to the gym to swim some laps.

Hardest part is, I can't concentrate and my temper seems a lot shorter than usual. I had a hard time enjoying my ride this morning, so I didn't try and just went all out.

Sean, I have been checking out some of the other quit forums, but I realized it's just making me think about it more. I am going to try and think about other things instead, like working out, and finishing my commissions before the clients get impatient.

Thanks again for all of your encouragement. It definitely helps
-James