Old 07-22-09, 08:48 PM
AnnaMossity
'roid monkey wannabe

Bikes: I have a custom 2006 Zinn magnesium frame road bike set up for triathlon and a big semi-custom touring bike, the frame of which is a 1983 Apollo Prestige XL.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm back in NA now (Oregon) and need some advice on where to go touring that is quiet

I have been riding down the coast from Vancouver BC after returning from France and I'm tired of having cars whiz by me every second. Where can I go that is quiet like only one car an hour or so? I have to stick to roads or good gravel paths because I have a heavy bike on crummy wheels (long story).

I was thinking of going to Mexico, is this a good idea? I'd need to visit a school for a few weeks to pick up some Spanish so if anyone has advice on where to go and how to do that I would appreciate it. I have only $5000 CAD and want it to last so the cheaper the better. What are roads like in Mexico? Any good Desert roads in Cali, AZ, Nev, NM or TX I should know of?

Anyone want to come with? I'm in Eugene OR and have been mostly alone in foreign countries for a month. Need someone to chat with tho I'm prolly too abrasive for most. W/E msg me if you want.

TY 4 the help en avance