Old 07-23-09, 02:29 AM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by Profoxcg
I bought a speciallized allez sport C2 in white. The bike came with the black saddle found on the lower end models (for lack of better term). Should I go back and ask them for an exchange?
If the saddle fits your butt - keep it and stop obsessing about whether it's a high-end or low-end model. Your sit bones couldn't care less about bling value.

Also, after some riding, the shifters that for the front derileiur doesnt seem to change gears all the time and ticks very loud.
Shifting a bike isn't like flipping a light switch, sometimes you need to overshift a little bit to get the new gear to engage correctly.
Concerned about the shifter clicking? That's a new one. Basically all shifters that aren't friction shifters will have a click to them. You're going from one predefined position to another, and the way to do that mechanically is to have something engages and disengages at set intervals.

There might still be something odd with your shifter, but I'd start with shifting technique.

Lastly, I fipped the bike on its back so inspect it and I noticed both the front and rear wheel are not 100% true....
A wheel doesn't have to be 100% true, whatever you mean with that. You're riding on a surface that's less than perfect anyhow. I like to keep mine within +/- 1 mm, but it has to be quite a bit more before it actually starts to affect riding and/or braking.

Or maybe you were looking at the tire? They too can squirm around a bit. If it's bad you deflate, jiggle it around and inflate again. If it's remains annoying, make a note of the model and get another one next time.

...The white handle foam needed a little bit of cleaning, from being tried out I guess..
So you've got a bike that looks like it's being ridden, what's the problem?

..I am really starting to dislike the shop I bought it from....
Why? Was the bike overpriced? Have they refused to help you with a valid request? Have they treated you badly?

... I feel like they took advantage of a new comer, what should I do?
Well, a bike that's been sitting on the shop floor for some time may get a bit shop worn, particularly if it's seen a lot of test rides. A really attentive salesman in a good shop will spot this and throw in something like a saddle bag, a pair of spare tubes or whatever to sweeten the deal. Or maybe the bike is already priced accordingly in which case you're on your own.

Otherwise you have two options:
1) do nothing, and let your irritation fester
2) talk to the shop, in a nice way. Tell them you couldn't help noticing your bike has another saddle than in the brochures, ask if you're shifting right.
Don't bother about about the grips, by now there's no way of differentiating between the muck that you've put on the bike and the muck it had accumulated before you bought it.
For the wheels it really depends on how much out of true they are. If the rims flop the thickness of a credit card to either side, don't worry about it.
If it's more - tell them. If you bought the bike new you often get a free tune-up, so (if needed) you should be able to get the wheels sorted then.