Old 07-23-09, 07:08 AM
tekknoschtev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCrew
Take it back to the LBS and ask. Mine was made good with no issue. Don't know how the LBS is until you ask. Stuff happens.

-R
Take it from one who often times gets on the super defensive/offensive before getting into ask the shop (car, bike, etc.). It doesn't hurt to ask but as mentioned above these aren't really deal breaker things for most people and in most cases it'd have been pertinent to bring it up before you bought the bike.

I have white handlebar tape. I've only put about 40 miles on my bike since I changed the tape to white and it already shows signs of use. Even if you got it when it was pristine and new, it'd show signs of use right away.

And as mentioned above, if the saddle is comfortable, keep it. Lots of people go through many saddles before they find one that fits them well. I know I've gone through at least three, and the one that fit me was not the one that came stock on the bike, and in fact wasn't even a "high end" saddle. Sometimes that's how it plays out.

EDIT: Summary - it doesn't hurt to ask but don't go in upset and ready to explode. I can pretty much guarantee that won't get anything done.