View Single Post
Old 07-24-09, 02:12 PM
rth2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Male specific help needed.

Alright boys. I'm new to Bike Forums and need a little help. I've been a multi-sport guy for quite some time now but after my early season race was over this year I wanted to do some more bike racing (the last time I raced before this year was with down-tube shifters on my ride). Anyway, since my last tri race I've been hitting the road pretty hard. Racing every weekend and taking only 1-2 days off per week. I've started to develop a small issue in the perineum area - a lump about the size of a raisin well under the skin. It has been quite persistent and doesn't seem to be going away. It started during tri-season, but has gotten worse now that I'm only on my road bike. It varies in sensitivity - some days I don't notice it and some days I do. Since my physician isn't a cyclist I've heasitated going in fearing the only advice will be to stay off the bike. Has anyone hear experienced this? Advice?

Oh - I've considered sadle and fit issues. My position is such where I am mostly on the sit bones and I just switched from a fizik saddle to a Selle Italia SLR Fibra. Otherwise, all systems (cough, cough) are go