Old 07-25-09, 01:21 AM
sqynt
Idiot Extraordinaire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vmaniqui
i know it's not a minimalist fold but has anyone tried bringing it inside a bus without hassle ? i plan on using it for my multi bus and bart train and bus ride to work. anyone has a xootr in the san francisco bay area so that i can see how small or how big it folds. mainly, that's my only little concern - the fold. as i have mentioned i am planning on bringing it inside the bus. any more inputs/advises from a xootr owner ??? appreciate it.
I believe all MUNI buses in SF now have bike racks in the front. I'm pretty sure all AC Transit and GG Transit buses have them too. I've never tried boarding the bus (nor MUNI light rail) with my Swift folded. Heck, I've never ridden the bus with my Swift on the rack for that matter. I always ride it where I need to go.

You can board BART with any bike, with the commute hours exception. During those hours, you can fold up any folding bike and carry it onto a train.

As an aside, I've taken the BART train with the Swift plus a Burley trailer. I would tow the trailer to and from the BART station. Once at the station, I would fold the Swift and put it inside the Burly, which has a stroller kit. Quite amusing. There are actually two bikes in that Burley if you look carefully.

P.S. PM me if you want to see it in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3159072056_e5e2296cdd.jpg (53.1 KB, 34 views)