View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 01:02 PM
julian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sccr2337
What I do know for sure is that some people on here HATE Lance so much and have developed a huge hatred for him over the years, that now, when an even bigger prick steps onto the scene, a truly selfish rider, they can't see past their hatred of LA so they latch onto Contador and defend his every move.

I hope Andy stays with sax-bnk and keeps them together. Contador won't be able to find enough class riders to keep him towards the top.

I'll agree that at first LA was not willing to give up as head rider. But Astana weren't making any moves! They were essentially idle. LA was ahead by a handful of seconds but he was doing what JB was telling him, which was staying in the pack and not taking the lead.

Contador did exactly what he was told not to do and took off leaving the team behind. He could not stand that LA had a 9 second lead, so he took off for the lead when all of Astana's riders were told to hold back and stay in the peleton. That was pretty weak.

Then Lance turns around and congratulates Contador and calls him the strongest rider and the best rider in the world.......and Contador responds with the BS comments. Every time Contador opens his mouth he is being deceitful or just a jerk. The exact same thing happened in Spain when Leipheimer got 2nd. Contador could not stand that Leipheimer thought he could win the thing so after Leiphemer graciously congratulated Contador he went to the press and proclaimed that Leipheimer was selfish and not a good teammate.

Stage 7 and stage 17 are the only pieces of evidence you should have to look at. Contador leaves his teammates behind and on stage 17 he left but kept his closest rivals with him, thus only making time on his teammates!

I'm waiting to see who he gets that will ride with him and for him, because if AC's team plays out like I think it will then I don't see him on the podium.
People say Armstrong has no friends but when he has more support on a team than AC then people claim it is all about money.
The haders do want to grasp at ABBL (anybody but Lance) and will build them up to tear Armstrong down. They say he won't shake AC's hand and when proven that is false they say well it didn't shake it with enough conviction. Then they take a Spanish press piece and put it out there as gospel but damn the American press.
They make stuff up as they go hoping something sticks.